Tuesday 23 October 2007

Olympics may close Manchesters roads

According to todays Times the government is pressing ahead with plans to close many of the country's major cities during olympic events. One of those listed was Manchester, whilst it is nice to find out that manchester may be having some olympic events, especially because I was under the impression it was another London centric event, for them to announce that our roads must be closed is ludicrous! I personally doubt I'll be attending any events and I certainly don't want to be forced to pay to go into the city on the bus or tram if I wish to go shopping! further afield they government has Vetoed a plan to at least have Park and Ride schemes on the M25 into the Capital. Yet again the government has shown us the autocratic (no pun intended) way in which it rules.

No comments: