Wednesday 8 August 2007

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome

Hello There!

Let me introduce myself, I'm Matthew Hague, Conservative Spokesman for Holyrood and Chairman of Bury Conservative Future.
I'm going to use this blog to keep you updated on issues in Holyrood and also occasionally to speak about Conservative Future (CF).
A Little bit about myself now. I am a Student persuing a degree in Secure and Forensic Computing and I am also a Music Photographer. I have been a member of the Conservative Party for 3 years now and a supporter for many more.
I Believe that the people of this country are capable of running their own lives and that we don't need so called "big government" to dictate everything we are allowed to do. With regards to Holyrood Ward I lived on Guest Road up until 2 years ago and now reside just round the corner in Radcliffe, where I stood in May of this year for Radcliffe East. I say this so people know now, instead of it being bandied around by other people. Holyrood, and in a wider sense Prestwich were integral to me while growing up and I found local residents friendly and good humoured. Whilst living on Guest Road I worked for two years at the Welcome Inn, during this time I met many very interesting people, and made some good friends.
I will be campaigning on Local Issues, and wider issues too. Obviously the most pressing at the moment is the Congestion Charging proposal. I, along with my fellow Conservatives, am opposed to this stealth tax, and I shall post my reasons later. Also important is to carry on combating Anti-Social Behaviour, be that youths hanging around outside your local shop or boy racers using your local street as a racetrack.
to end I would just like to say that if you have any issues you would like dealing with please do get in touch.

I can be contacted by email on m.hague@ixphotography.co.uk have your subject line the word Holyrood
I will add my Mobile number later as I should soon have a number specifically for you to call

Many thanks for reading this and I look forward to both hearing from you and helping you for the forseable future

Matthew Hague

No comments: